Tuesday, June 9, 2009

And So the Adventure Begins...

I spent the last week in Atlanta in training for my job as a campus intern at the University of Oklahoma with Reformed University Fellowship. We discussed support raising, philosophy of ministry, and the challenges we will face. During time in prayer one day, the new interns prayed for both holiness and growth in grace as we take on this new position. Growth in grace is one of RUF's purposes. We prayed that we would come to love grace the way the Bible loves grace, a grace that produces beauty and Godly righteousness. We also prayed that we would pursue holiness for the kingdom of God, and not for ourselves or "for the internship," something we will all be tempted to do at some point.

As I am approaching August in which I will hopefully move to Norman, Oklahoma, I have 5 trillion things on my mind. My planner is a place of many on-going lists. It is currently very easy for me to get caught up in all the things I have to do, many of which are very important. And yet last week I was reminded that this life is bigger than my lists, my internship, and even myself. This life is about Jesus Christ, and I pray that His kingdom will go forward in the ways in which He has ordained.

I have now spent a week in Panama City with the OU students and a week in training in Atlanta. Both of these weeks have been wonderful and encouraging in this hectic time. Praise the Lord for His everlasting mercy!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you and your ministry at OU as well as your support raising and just you in general. Can't wait to see you in Norman, new roommate! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to accomplish many great things in your lifetime. Remember to love what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so exciting! praying for you this summer, upcoming roommate!

    ReplyDelete