Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hey Y'all!

Happy Tuesday, Everyone! I am currently sitting in my parents den, and have been working on prayer request cards this morning. I will have them with me this summer as I visit churches and travel. They have magnets on the back so you can put them on your fridge! If you would like one, but know that you will not be seeing me, let me know- I would love to get one to you!

This picture, which is on the prayer card, was taken by my friend John Stuart. The landscaping is one of my favorite things on the OU campus!

My visit home so far has been delightful. Last week I visited with Mark and Kristin in Lakeland. I got to sit in on their junior high/ high school Bible study, watch Mark play softball, and get a tour of the school where Kristin is substitute teaching. Since I have been home I have been helping Dad finish a bookcase/ entertainment center for our house, worked on a backboard for my update lunches this summer, seen a couple of friends, and gone to a Jacksonville Suns baseball game. The Suns are our minor league team here. It is one of my most favorite things to do when I am home!

Last night we lost power for five hours! As luck would have it, Dad and I were just starting a movie too! We had to resort to other forms of entertainment. I love this picture of dad reading the Wall Street Journal by head lamp. In true Boy Scout fashion, he knew exactly where all of our flashlights were when the lights went out!

The Serven family left Acapulco, MX today. They will be there for seven weeks on a missions trip working with the orphanage Casa Hogar. Doug will be helping lead the interns there this summer. Please pray that God would keep them safe this summer as well as grow them through this incredible opportunity!

I am in Florida for another week, and then I will be making a trip to Texas to see my family for a couple of days. Floridians: I would love to see you while I am home! Texans: Mason and Wyatt, I am excited to see you! Let's jump on the trampoline when I get there! Oklahomans: Boomer Sooner! See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha I love the picture of your dad. It looks exactly like something my dad or Andrew would do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of you! The landscaping is something I love too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My aunt lives near Lake Hollingsworth(less). Lakeland is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete