Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Greetings from Chi-Town!

Greetings, Readers!

Well, at 7:00 AM this morning I boarded a plane in Atlanta, GA. I have been in Atlanta this week for RUF Staff Training. I expected to have a short layover in Chicago, and then be in Oklahoma City by lunch time. Hardly! I am writing to you from the Barnes and Noble of DePaul University in downtown Chicago. I will hopefully be on my way back to the Sooner State tonight (in time for RUF Large Group) but while I am stuck here, I am making the most of it! Here are some things that have happened so far:
- Got asked for directions 2 seconds after getting off the L Train in downtown. I am not sure what made me look like an all-knowing native. I think it was the large embroidered Vera Bradley duffle bag that I am lugging around.
- Heard a jogger talk about the lack of highly enriched uranium. I would have liked to hear the rest of that conversation!
- Saw a man yell obscenities in the middle of a busy street, and then raise his cane and shake it at the offender.
- And, finally...I am off to complete the one thing I have always wanted to come to Chicago for: the Original American Girl Store. Laugh if you want, but it is my childhood dream and I will accomplish it!!!!

Adios from the Windy City!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not laughing. Next time I'm in Chicago (with Lucy or without) I'm going to the American Girl Store!

    ReplyDelete