Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 6: Books

Without really meaning to, I have established a little collection of Children's Bibles. The Big Picture Bible on the left I read to my campers every night at Camp Desoto, Summer 2008. The Child's Story Bible is used at a classical academy in the area, is a little more grown up than the others, and is my most recent addition. The Jesus Storybook Bible is one that I did a Bible study on in the Spring of 2010 with OURUF.


What is important about all of these Bibles is that they do not reduce the Bible down to pointless stories. I put special importance on this since it was a big hindrance to me becoming a Christian. As a teenager, I did not understand why people kept asking me if I was saved, or even why they cared to know about my relationship with Jesus. Wasn't this whole Christianity thing just about a bunch of nice stories anyhow?!?

Each of these Bibles have their own way of making children's text accessible as well as filled with the hope and the truth of the Gospel.

The Big Picture Bible



The Jesus Storybook Bible
{the artwork is my favorite}


The Child' s Story Bible



No comments:

Post a Comment