Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Jesus Storybook Bible

This semester Megan Tevebaugh, a junior here at OU, and I will be leading a small group through the Jesus Storybook Bible. It is a wonderful children's Bible that, besides having awesome artwork, talks about Jesus and his love in a refreshingly honest way. Megan and I thought it would be a nice way to come back to the basics, and reexamine some essential stories of the Bible. In college it can be tempting to be too intellectual about everything, so it will be nice to go through this Bible.
We are, however, meeting at 7am on Tuesday mornings. I am sure that this will be a challenge for us all at some point. My hope is that we can keep each other accountable to get up and come every week.

In other news, we are expecting a winter storm here on Thursday. I am hoping for snow since I missed the first big storm while at home over Christmas break. I can't wait to see Chance run around in the snow. Pray for snow!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that storybook Bible.
    I used it in the summers for the 4 and 5 year olds that I counseled. It brings Jesus in to every single story.

    ReplyDelete