Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snowy, Snowy Oklahoma

- I just got back from my first Tuesday morning Bible study. It was great! We talked about some of our hesitations in reading the Bible, and misconceptions we have about its content. Everyone agreed that reading from the Children's Bible was fun.

- I watched the first movie of my project to see movies that John Williams composed music for with my roommate Sally this weekend. It was the 1974 movie "The Sugarland Express" with Goldie Hawn. This was Steven Spielberg's first film! It is the film that marked the beginning of the Spielberg-Williams relationship. "Sugarland" refers to Sugarland, TX, and not some magical land made of sugar. I was under the impression that this name might refer to the latter, until the movie ended and the story had never moved outside of the dry Texas landscape.

- In order to complete The John Williams Project this year, I have subscribed to Netflix. This weekend I will take a break from John Williams movies and have girls over to watch "North and South." If you have not seen this, you are missing out on an epic tale. We will watch the first two hours, break for dinner and then watch the rest. I cannot wait to introduce my Norman friends to this story of unrequited love!

- Here are some pictures of Chance from the weekend: What do you feel like this face is expressing??
- He was still hopeful that I had more carrots at this point:
- A street close to my house Friday morning. It continued to snow most of Friday!
- As you can tell from the pictures above (and the title of the post), it snowed about a foot last Thursday and Friday. OU had 1.5 days cancelled of class. This was fun, especially because it means that we got to hold the time-honored OURUF tradition of SNOW FOOTBALL!!! This was one of the things I was most excited about when I found out that I was coming to OU. Here are the wonderful girls that came and toughed it out between 10 and midnight!!!
- The whole crazy group of snow football players!
- Boomer Sooner!!!

1 comment:

  1. North and South: BEST ROMANTIC MOVIE EVER!!! I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete