Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Julia Child Wasn't Always Julia Child..."

...and I wasn't always an RUF intern. In fact, just 10 short months ago I was turning in final papers and taking my last college exams. And yet now I often answer most questions of "How are you?" with things about my job. This is probably directly correlated with the fact that I LOVE my job, so I always have plenty of things to talk about...but I also want to be seen as a real person who has real thoughts and feelings. Why all of this rambling, you ask?!? Well, last week I spent a lot of time with people who were part of my life before I was an intern. I wanted to share some of the them (read: not all) with my blog readers :) God is good, I love that he created us for community.

Kaitie and I have been friends since the 7th Grade.




Abby (the red head on the left) is an intern at University of Washington in Seattle. We were history majors together.
I did not get to see Mark and Kristin on this trip, but they are too wonderful to leave out. Kristin and I lived together junior year and then she and Mark got married and they did a great job including me in their first year of marriage!

Are you really surprised by a picture of Wallace? I took him on a walk on the St.Johns River while I was home.

Brittany and I lived together for three years in college. Did we mention we lived on the same hall as Tim Tebow???
Katie and Josh welcomed and new member of their family...baby Jake!!! Katie and I lived together my last year in college.
The new baby...precious!!!
Here is Grace holding baby Jake. Grace and I lived together my last two years in college.
Well, there you are ladies and gentlemen...a snapshot of just some of the people whom God has graciously allowed me to share my life with over the past several years.

13 of us here at OU are preparing to leave for Peru in a week and a half. We will be doing some construction work and teaching some English lessons. I am very excited and simultaneously very nervous. Please be praying for us!!!

3 comments: