Monday, February 15, 2010

Ice Ice Baby


- So I named this post after what I thought was a Queen song named "Ice Ice Baby." It turns out some guy named Vanilla Ice actually sang that song, and the Queen song I was thinking of is called "Under Pressure." Weird.

- The reason for the ice theme??? Well, the initial reason is the Olympics, but more importantly because we had an Olympics opening ceremonies party with ice themed games!!! Here are some pictures from our par-tay:


- Ice Bath: Who can keep their hand in the water for the longest amount of time? Well, the answer is Josh Voth for 14:18. As of yesterday (Sunday) Josh said he hadn't regained all feeling in that hand yet!

- The first round of contestants- they are looking pretty happy at this point! Our other games were corn hole toss and frozen chubby bunny. The chubby bunny record was 12 marshmallows. This was by far the most fun I have ever had watching the opening ceremonies!

- Another highlight of the weekend was making cookies for my horse, Chance. Anna Serven and Lydia Grawe helped me out with this. They were pretty excited to help with this overall, except for when it can to mix in the molasses, which they felt did not smell so good.

- My New Year's Resolution to watch movies I have not seen before is going splendidly. To continue with the John Williams theme, we watched Jaws last week and the first Indiana Jones movie should be arriving here shortly. Jaws is certainly epic, but the suspense was killer (ha!).

- I am traveling to Florida on Friday, staff training Sunday through Wednesday, and then to Gainesville. I am pretty excited to see other interns, family, friends, and Wallace. Wallace is my parent's Westie. He is pretty ridic. As in ridiculously cute.

- Boomer Sooner!!!







2 comments:

  1. I love you but cannot believe you didn't know vanilla ice sang "ice ice baby." I did that song for a lip sync contest in high school...you wish you knew...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the contrary, I can very much believe that you got the Vanilla Ice and Queen song mixed up. Mostly because we would be listening to Queen and you would start to spin into Ice Ice Baby...but you always had the wrong song. You're so ridic.

    (PS- Seeing that made me laugh out loud in an empty apartment :) )

    ReplyDelete