Monday, October 12, 2009

PresWIC, Dates and Dating, U2 etc...

- "Community life will validate or negate the claims of the gospel." from The Legacy of Biblical Womanhood.

- I attended PresWIC this weekend in Dallas, which is the woman's conference for the North Texas Presbytery. It was great to see women thinking intentionally about their role in the church, and gave me a lot to think about. More importantly though, I got to spend some more time with women from Christ the King Pres. This was wonderful. The above quote is one from the weekend. It showcases how much emphasis was put on community, and how it plays an integral part of our lives.

- It has been raining and in the 50's for the past 5 days or so. I know that people have mixed opinions about this. I love it though! It reminds me of Sweden and makes me feel warm inside (even though my hands might be freezing!). Chance also likes the weather. He galloped around the field yesterday like he was a kid again :)

- I had some people over last Thursday to watch the Office. This is a regular thing every week. Jim and Pam got married. We ate cake afterwords to celebrate. It was wonderful.

- Doug's topic for RUF this week is "Dates and Dating..." This should be interesting. I am looking forward to the discussion that ensues after this.

- I am going to the U2 Concert (which we have affectionately been calling the "RUF Concert Series") a week from yesterday. You guessed it, that will totally be written about in next week's blog post....stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

  1. people don't comment when you don't post pictures. We have this deal: I read your blog, you post pictures on it, and I comment. You are not keeping your end of the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SAW U2 Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING with forty-two exclamation points... take your camera. One of the best decisions I have ever made in my life was to drive downtown hoping to get a ticket on Tuesday after work. No, seriously. One of the best 5 or 10 in all my life of all types of decisions.

    ReplyDelete