Monday, October 19, 2009

You Too Should Come to Norman...

The title of this post works on so many clever levels. 1.) My mom came to visit me in Norman this weekend, and you should come visit me too. 2 out of 2 visitors have really had a good time! The picture to the left is my mom with Chance. 2.) U2 DID come and performed in Norman and it was awesome!!! The picture to the right is a group of RUF students that sat together at the concert.

The semester is half-way over. This is great for numerous reasons. One of which is that I am personally feeling more settled in, feeling like more organic things are happening with students, and that things are just happening more natural in general. This time in the semester can be hard too. Students can be overwhelmed with school work, anxiety, loneliness etc. I myself certainly experienced all of these things in college. Please be praying for the students of RUF at OU. Pray they will seek to glorify God in their studies. Pray they will see God as applicable to their lives and as a God who loves and cares for them.

On Saturday I leave for Intern training in Atlanta, GA. All of the 1st and 2nd year interns will spend 3 days talking about what we have learned so far on campus and what we have yet to learn. Please pray that this will be a time where we can be honest about our struggles and successes and learn about God. I am really looking forward to this time to be able to reconnect with the interns!!!

I recently sent out my mid-semester updates. If you did not get one and would like to, please send me your address by facebook or at natalie.haynes@ruf.org. I would love to add you to my mailing list!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Mark and I are coming together next time. We're bringing the car and taking up some shopping purchases for sure...who would have thought?!

    ReplyDelete