Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School

Today is the first day of classes here at the University of Oklahoma, as well as for my Florida friends. In preparation for the beginning of classes, there have been two "New Sooner Kickoffs" in the last week. These are just big activities fairs where students come to seek out organizations they might be interested in. For my UF readers, this is in replacement of tabling in Turlington. They have gone fairly well, but I have to say I am always very hot and tired after the end of these things.

I have made several freshmen connections and am excited about getting to know these girls more. We have our first RUF on Wednesday at nine. We are doing a series on Relationships this semester. You can learn more about it at ouruf.org. I will also be putting together a girls event called "Woman's World" for everyone to come and eat and fellowship. Yes, I did take this idea from UF RUF, but it was such a hit there, that I felt I could not pass it up! Please be in prayer for the freshmen girls that I am talking with. Even if I am unclear, presumptuous, or boring, please pray that they would seek RUF to hear about Jesus.

Adjusting here is continuing to go well. My second roommate arrived back from here summer mission trip on Saturday, so our house is now complete. God is continuing to provide friends and fellowship, which is making this adjustment easier than I anticipated. Thank you for your prayers and support!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Natalie! Praying for you and the RUF ministry at OU. I can't wait to visit ASAP, and meet the Servens and the others you are working with!

    ReplyDelete