Monday, November 9, 2009

Two weeks into November...

Two weeks into November, and the semester keeps on moving by. Here are some thoughts:

- My computer crashed last week. It became obvious that it was time to invest in a new laptop. I do so much work on my laptop that it was stressful to think about not having one. After doing ample research at the Mac Store and applying the RUF discount, I have a brand new MacBook Pro!!!

- We had a wonderful sleepover for some RUF girls. 13 girls came and we had a blast!!! Crafts, snacks, games, chatting, and movies were all involved! I am having such a good time getting to know the wonderful girls in OU RUF. The picture below is Becky painting a Christmas tree ornament.

- This Friday we are having a Double "Not-A-Date." Girls and guys are matched randomly in groups of four and are given an assignment to complete. I cannot wait to share some of the results during next weeks post!

- The Freshmen Scavenger Hunt is tomorrow. Woohoo!!!

- Last night we did a Prayer Walk on campus. This is probably one of my favorite things that we have done so far. We split into groups and covered different areas of campus. It was great to pray for different things: the College of Business, the Union, the Admissions Office and the students they are admitting for next year, Campus Corner where so much social interaction occurs. While these are the places that I work, they are also the places where these students live. They are forming their world views here, and we pray that they are Christ-centered.

- Texas A&M is coming to town this weekend to take on the mighty Sooners. As many of you know, both of my parents went to A&M. This will be my first time to get to see them play. I am particularly excited to see the Corps of Cadets (of which my dad was a member of) and the Marching Band.

- We have had 10 students sign-up to go on a ski trip to Colorado in January. This is going to be a great time of fellowship! Yeehaw!


6 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Crafts! I love crafts.

    Also, in case no one has told you about the wonder that is the Mac mouse touch pad, do yourself a favor and google "Mac Trackpad Gestures" or something similar. I get frustrated now on Norman's PC laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences on last Saturday's game. Herbie Husker is on the prowl. You didn't say in your post who you'll be rooting for in the A&M game. I'm so confused. I won't know who to give you a hard time about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your happy mac pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of you with the Mac. So great. :P

    A&M's Corps and their marching band are both pretty awesome. Their football isn't usually all that great, but I am also somewhat biased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude. Your dad was in the Corps? Nice! Bandee cool points fo sho. They're very entertaining to watch. Do your rents still wear their A&M rings? My guess is YES. Congrats on your MBP, too. Feel the weight of inferior hardware dissolving away...

    ReplyDelete