Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Week in the Life: Day 2!

Two blog posts in one day?!? Whoa. This is too much. Well, continuing on with my series of a weeks worth of activities as an RUF intern at the University of Oklahoma...

First one on one in the morning was the wonderful Miss Laura Bartlett. Laura is a junior from Tulsa studying Music Education!


My first two meetings of the day were at Cafe Plaid, favorite RUF watering hole. Cafe Plaid is wonderful. My favorite spot to sit is on a long bench looking at the coffee bar. It is a great spot to people watch. Isn't it just adorable?? I forgot to get a picture with my second meeting- sorry Kassandra!


A plus to Plaid (which is what us locals call it) is that it is not on campus, but it is right across from campus! I took this picture from inside Plaid, looking out towards the Visitors Center and the Union.


Sam Carper was my next meeting. Sam is a sophomore, so we have had two years to become great friends! Sam is from Tulsa. Don't you just love her cute hat?!?


Sophomore Laura Atherton and I had a meeting after lunch. Laura is from- you guess it- Tulsa! She is studying Psychology. We did not take a picture, but here is us together at the Pink and Black Ball in February!


A consistent part of my Tuesday schedule is Freshman Bible Study. We meet on the top floor of one of the dorms each week. We are privileged to have an upperclassmen and a grad student join us weekly for this study. Katie Tracy and I were feeling pretty goofy today!


There was some disagreement as to whether or not we should smile for this picture. Silly freshmen!


Aren't you excited to hear about Wednesday??? Boomer Sooner!

2 comments:

  1. natalie, i love this!! (saw you linked it on fb.) maybe i'll learn a thing or two that i need to know about ouruf :). -meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are a couple of old freshmen in that last picture ;)

    ReplyDelete