Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 5: FRIDAY!!!

We made it, folks! Today concludes my "Week in the Life" series. Thanks for sticking with me!

{not my original artwork, but I cannot find who did it to give them credit}

As you can tell from the previous four posts, a week in the life of an RUF intern looks like a lot of different things. It is my hope that through my internship I have been able to share some of who I am with the students I get to know. That is one reason I love taking them to the barn with me to meet Chance!

Just as I did in grade school and college, I look forward to Friday all week long. Friday is cathartic, and I always look forward to the feeling of completion that it brings. I meet with my good friend Julie Serven on Friday mornings. Sometimes we walk or run and sometimes we sit on her couch to chat. This week or good conversation took over our run, so we walked instead. Julie is a wonderful wife and mother, and I cherish the past two years in which we have become good friends!

{Julie and Me at Doug's Birthday Party in November}

This last Friday I also met with Katie Tracy (pictured earlier in the week at freshman Bible study). Katie has applied to work with RUF next year, and will soon find out at which school she will be working! Congrats, Katie!

Fridays also mean "Girls Lunch." Girls Lunch is every Friday at 12:30 at the Cafeteria on campus. The Cafeteria at OU is amazing. It is head above heels better than the cafeteria at Florida (sorry Gators!).

My quarterly newsletter will be coming out in a few short weeks! Be looking for it in your mailbox! Meanwhile, it is Spring Break here in Norman! Boomer Sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment