Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Week in the Life!


During the past two years of blogging I have hinted at what some of my days look like: Bible studies, one on one meetings, football in the snow etc. But most of those things are the exception, not the rule. So what does a "normal" week of an RUF intern look like? Ladies and gentlemen, I give you my"A Week in the Life!" series.

My intention was to chronicle from Monday to Friday, but Sunday night my roommates and I joined these lovely ladies for a joint roommate dinner. They live in the "Leslie House" and there are six girls living there (Maggie- we missed you!). Thanks for dinner ladies, it was delicious!
Monday morning starts off with some planning. I set up my appointments for the week, and I finish my Bible study for the coming evening. I lead a Bible study each week at the Gamma Phi Beta house on campus. We are doing a study called "Conversations with Jesus."
Most Monday mornings I also make treats for Bible study. I try to make them a little different every week. Last week I made Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Chip Cookies and they were FANTASTIC! They included instant coffee and two types of chocolate chips.
This week, however, I made a school-kid favorite: rice crispy treats!!
By the time all of my planning and baking is done, it is time to head to staff meeting! Doug and I meet for two hours to have lunch, plan, and talk. We were too engrossed in conversation yesterday for me to remember to snap a picture, but here is a silly one of us at Winter Retreat.

Immediately after I go to staff meeting I take Doug's youngest daughter, Anna, to the barn for a riding lesson. I have such a fun time with her because she often sees things in a much different way than I do. Yesterday she helped me shorten Chance's mane. It is not as simple as cutting his mane, and can hurt him a little if you don't do it right. When Anna would pull too much hair at one time I found her petting Chance each time and saying, "I'm sorry Chance- I didn't mean to!"
After Anna's riding lesson I head to Gamma Phi! These wonderful girls are great to talk to each and every week!
And that about wraps up my Monday! Aren't you excited to hear about Tuesday?!? Speaking of Tuesday, it is about time to head to that meeting...Boomer Sooner!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea, Natalie! Even though I know the outline of your week/job, it is nice to creep on you even more! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete